Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomats/spies defending vs incite

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomats/spies defending vs incite
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:29:10 +1100

Nicolas BRUNEL wrote:

> But, diplomats and spies are now more powerfull.
> I think they are overpowerfull.

Agreed, though as others have said the problem is partly that
the AI doesn't know how to use them (even just defensively
would be useful), and keeps low gold reserves.

> If others think that the cost
> for inciting a revolt in a town must increase,
> i will try to do it.

One possibility that has been suggested (and which I like :-)
is that the cost of inciting the units defending the city be
added to the base city cost.  In any case a server option
would probably be appropriate.  (I'm pretty sure the current
incite cost rules follow Civ1, at least pretty closely.)

-- David